Sanggrahan temple or Kuncup temple ws a Buddhist worship temple, the location is in the Sanggrahan Village, Boyolangu District, Tulungagung, East Java. The temple is square and consists of buildings, body and roof. This temple was the relics of the Majapahit Kingdom, it was built around 1350, was once become a temple to keep the ashes of Majapahit King’s relatives.
The temple complex is located on the settlements that is quite fertile, and consists of three buildings, each of which is no longer intact. In general, the temple complex is comprises a main building and 2 pieces of the small remaining buildings. The main building has length 12.60m, width 9:05 m, height 5.86 cm. This building consists of four levels, each of which had a square floor plan with the roof facing to the west.
The small building is located on east side of the main building and it is just the bottom part left. Materials that used in its building is brick. In this place, it used to have five statues of Buddha that each of them have different mudra position. For security from theft, the statues are now stored in the temple’s keeper.
Folk legend said that this temple was a place that used for the rest of his entourage that carrying the Gayatri corpse (Rajapadmi), who was a female Buddhist priest (Bhiksumi) in period of the Majapahit kingdom, Hayam Wuruk Government. The body was taken from the Kingdom of Majapahit to be burning ceremony at a place around Boyolangu.
More info visit